1/2 Photos of Tuna, Cheese and Pasta Salad
Cher Jewhurst's Note:
Three-color pasta, cubed cheese, tuna, and roasted sweet peppers blend into a spunky salad that we enjoy over 2 suppers during hot summer days. This is an excellent salad that I've served with or without cashews since sometimes I forget those. Fresh basil is essential to this recipe and we just have some fancy fresh breads and butter with it. I don't recall which of my magazines I got this from but it's favorite of mine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups dried tri-colored fusilli or 2 cups rotini pasta
- 3/4 cup cubed swiss cheese or 3/4 cup cheddar cheese or 3/4 cup provolone cheese
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup celery
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup creamy roasted garlic salad dressing or 1/2 cup peppercorn ranch dressing
- 7 ounces chunk tuna in water, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- romaine lettuce leaf
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 2Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- 3Transfer pasta to large bowl.
- 4Stir in cheese, peas, celery and basil, AND tuna and peppers. (Thanks Sandylee for catching this).
- 5Pour salad dressing over pasta mixture; toss gently to combine.
- 6Cover and chill for 2 - 8 hours.
- 7To serve, stir in a few tablespoons additional salad dressing, if necessary, to moisten pasta mixture.
- 8Arrange romaine leaves in salad bowl or on chilled dinner plates.
- 9Top with pasta mixture.
- 10Sprinkle with cashews.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna, Cheese and Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.5
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.5 mg
- Sodium 1021.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted garlic salad dressing