Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the 2nd of 2 make-ahead appy recipes I found in a random browsing moment on the same dy I signed up for ZWT-8, Chef Julian Medina was credited & is best-known as the owner of the Yerba Buena, Yerba Buena Perry & Toloache restaurants in NY City. The last ingredient of the sauce was *yuzu juice* & I was clueless. Per Wikipedia, yuzu is an aromatic citrus fruit found in East Asia that resembles a sml grapefruit. The yuzu's flavor is tart (much like a grapefruit w/overtones of mandarin orange). Rarely eaten as a fruit, its aromatic zest is occ used to garnish dishes in Japanese cuisine & its juice is often used as a seasoning (as lemon is used in other cuisines). All that said, I used grapefruit juice to replace the yuzu juice. (10 min was allowed for ingredient prep) *Enjoy!*
For the Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (Thai chili-garlic sauce)
- 1 tablespoon grapefruit juice
For the Tuna Ceviche
- 1 lb sushi quality yellowfin tuna fillet, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup radish, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup watermelon, 1/4-in dice
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- kosher salt (to taste)
- *For the Sauce* - In a med bowl, combine all ingredients & vigorously whisk until a well-incorporated sauce forms.
- *For the Tuna Ceviche* - In another bowl, combine the tuna, onion, radish & watermelon. Hand toss until the ingredients are mixed well.
- Pour 2/3 of the sauce over the ceviche & mix by hand to incorporate the vinaigrette. Add additional sauce as desired.
- Place 1/4 of the salad per plate & sprinkle the chives on top for garnish.