Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Trying to get all of my loved recipes (plus some to still try) posted here at Zaar for my grandkids. This is one that my late husband and I loved in the summertime. It is so refreshing. The only change to update is the V-8 juice. Cook time is chill time.
- 2 cups homemade V8 vegetable juice (" Tastes Like" V-8 Juice)
- 1 large bermuda onion, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, fresh
- 2 (7 ounce) cans albacore tuna, drained, flaked
- 1 cup green olives, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano, scant, powdered
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the juice, onion, tomatoes, oregano, and Tabasco.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Squeeze lemon over tuna and let stand at least 1/2 hour.
- Combine tuna and tomato mixture and add olives.
- Chill again.
- To serve: pour into bowls and just before serving, add an ice cube to each bowl and sprinkle with zest.