Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Trying to get all of my loved recipes (plus some to still try) posted here at Zaar for my grandkids. This is one that my late husband and I loved in the summertime. It is so refreshing. The only change to update is the V-8 juice. Cook time is chill time.
- 2 cups homemade V8 vegetable juice (" Tastes Like" V-8 Juice)
- 1 large bermuda onion, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, fresh
- 2 (7 ounce) cans albacore tuna, drained, flaked
- 1 cup green olives, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano, scant, powdered
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Mix the juice, onion, tomatoes, oregano, and Tabasco.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Squeeze lemon over tuna and let stand at least 1/2 hour.
- Combine tuna and tomato mixture and add olives.
- Chill again.
- To serve: pour into bowls and just before serving, add an ice cube to each bowl and sprinkle with zest.