Recipe by Julie B's Hive
From Rachel Ray. Something old is new again!
Top Review by Liza at Food.com
YUM! Made this for a dinner party last night and it really is elegant and guest worthy yet very easy and you can easily have most the ingredients on hand. I could also see tossing this into a casserole dish and baking with breadcrumbs or panko on top, but why mess with perfection? Thanks Julie for one of my new fave pasta recipes-will be making again and again!
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water or 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in vegetable oil, drained
- 1⁄2 cup tender sun-dried tomato, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- While pasta cooks to al dente, heat in a deep skillet over medium heat with EVOO. Sauté garlic and onions until tender, 4-5 minutes. Add tuna and sun-dried tomatoes and stir to heat through, another 1-2 minutes.
- Add wine and cook down a minute then add cream and season sauce with salt & pepper.
- Toss hot pasta and peas with sauce and cheese. Top with shredded basil.