Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and easy casserole prepared in the microwave. My DH and father both like this recipe and neither will eat other tuna casserole recipes. Dill sauce adds a great, unique flavor. Taken from Taste of Home, but we added the jalepeno.
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise, do not use low fat
- 9.85 ml spicy prepared mustard
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml dill weed
- 1182.95 ml cooked egg noodles
- 2 (340.19 g) can tuna, drained
- 118.29 ml chopped celery
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- In a small bowl combine first 6 ingredients.
- In a seperate bowl comibine noodles, tuna, celery, and jalepeno.
- Stir in sour cream mixture.
- In grease 2 quart, microwave safe dish, pour half of noodle mixture.
- Cover with a layer of sliced zucchini.
- Repeat layers.
- Microwave on high 6-8 minutes uncovered.
- Sprinkle with cheese and tomato.
- Microwave 2-3 minutes longer.
- Let stand 3 minutes.
Can I hear an amen for a tuna noodle casserole without a can of condensed soup? I must quickly point out that I assume the 2 oz can of tuna is a typo. I used two 6 oz cans. So good and simple. Love the little twists to it like the addition of the jalapeno and the zucchini. I thought it could have used more of the sauce and more cheese on top. My microwave is sooooo old (came with the house) so I just went ahead and threw it into a 11 x 7 pan into 350 oven for about 20 minutes. Worked great. Will make again very soon.
This is very good. Nice change from the same old tuna casserole. Very easy to put together, great for a fast weekend night meal.
Made for PAC fall '06. I don't usually cook meals in my microwave, but this worked out pretty well. I did saute the celery and zucchini beforehand, which is a personal preferance. Otherwise I followed the directions. Oh, I did leave out the jalapeno. Don't care for them.;)