A quick and easy casserole prepared in the microwave. My DH and father both like this recipe and neither will eat other tuna casserole recipes. Dill sauce adds a great, unique flavor. Taken from Taste of Home, but we added the jalepeno.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, do not use low fat
- 2 teaspoons spicy prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 5 cups cooked egg noodles
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- In a small bowl combine first 6 ingredients.
- In a seperate bowl comibine noodles, tuna, celery, and jalepeno.
- Stir in sour cream mixture.
- In grease 2 quart, microwave safe dish, pour half of noodle mixture.
- Cover with a layer of sliced zucchini.
- Repeat layers.
- Microwave on high 6-8 minutes uncovered.
- Sprinkle with cheese and tomato.
- Microwave 2-3 minutes longer.
- Let stand 3 minutes.