Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another variation on a classic casserole...feel free to use different soups, vegetables, and crunchy toppings like potato chips, corn flakes, or bread crumbs. Replace the egg noodles with elbow macaroni, shells, bow ties, cooked rice, or a box of macaroni and cheese. Replace half the milk with sour cream or mayonnaise...whatever you have in your kitchen cabinet. Pure comfort food from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Comfort Food. I used a mixture of colby and cheddar (plus parmesan) and topped with crushed Ritz crackers. YUMMY!
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 12 ounces tuna, undrained
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup saltine crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350. Bring 2 quarts water and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil over high heat.
- Add the noodles, stir, and cook until tender.
- Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
- In a casserole dish, combine tuna, soup, milk, frozen peas, cheddar cheese, and cooked noodles.
- Stir to combine, cover with crushed crackers and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until bubbly and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
This was ok. I would make again but add some additional liquid, it wasn't as creamy as I would have liked. My husband really liked it though...he ate 2 big helpings. Thanks!
As written this was way too dry. I added three cans of soup and two cups of cheddar cheese. I also added pepper and onion powder. I didn't add the crackers to the top but did add the parm cheese. After the changes this was good. It does make A LOT. I think it is more like 8 servings.