Recipe by morelhunter
I made this when the kids were young. It's really creamy and delicious. True comfort food.
Top Review by LainieBug
A good cheesy, creamy casserole. I lightened it up a bit by using Smart Balance Light in place of the butter, 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom soup, skim milk, and reduced fat Velveeta.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag wide egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions, drain well and set aside.
- While they're cooking, melt the butter in the bottom of a 2 qt.
- Add the onion and saute until tender.
- Add the soup, milk, tuna, cheese, pepper and peas, stir and continue to heat until cheese is melted and sauce is well blended.
- Pour over noodles, mix well and serve.