Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy and really tasty tuna casserole.
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) box Kraft macaroni and cheese
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna
- 8 ounces frozen peas
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Boil the noodles and peas together in a medium saucepan until tender, drain and put aside.
- Mix together the soup and the cheese packet from the macaroni box. Add the tuna and then the noodles, onions and peas. Add the milk and place in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Top with Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the entire top with shredded cheddar cheese and bake for 35 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
Creamy, cheesey tuna casserole. I used cream of celery soup and canned peas (personal preferences). Also layered the casserole by pouring 1/2 of the casserole into the dish, topped with 1 cup of cheese, poured in 2nd 1/2 of casserole and topped with remaining 1 cup of cheese. Total comfort food.