Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I created. I was looking for a tuna casserole recipe and the one I found wasn't very good so I added a few things to create my own recipe. It is very good!
- 2 cups rotini pasta, uncooked (or your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 (5 ounce) cans tuna
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- Boil pasta until cooked. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cook onions and celery in butter or oil over med. heat.
- After about 5 minute add 1/4 cup of water to onions and cook until soft and golden (about 10 minutes); set aside.
- Open tuna cans. Drain water or oil out as much as possible by keeping the cover on and pressing in with your thumbs.Set aside.
- Grease a 9 x 9 inch glass cooking dish or pan with butter.
- Spoon condensed soup into small pot and add milk. Cook on med.heat until hot.
- Add 1 cup shredded cheese to soup and mix in until blended.
- Add 2 Tbs. fresh parmesan cheese and mix.
- Add mayonnaise and mix.
- Add celery, onions, tuna, soup and cheese mixture, and pasta to a large pot and mix well.
- Spoon into 9 x 9 inch dish and even out.
- Cover top with remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle top lightly with Montreal steak seasoning.
- Spread breadcrumbs over top.
- Bake in oven at 375 for 20 to 30 minute until top browns a little.