Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I would always eat tuna casserole at my friend's home and then I decided to make up my own version to share with my family. I love this recipe because it adds some protein to the classic mac and cheese.
- 1 (14 ounce) box pasta
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 15 -18 slices American cheese (depending on if you want to cut back on calories)
- Cook and drain the pasta.
- In a seperate bowl mix the can of cream of mushroom soup with the milk.
- In a casserole dish layer 1/3 of the cooked pasta mixed with 1/4 of cream of mushroom soup mixed with the milk.
- Then layer 1 can of tuna.
- Then layer 6 or 5 slices of cheese.
- Repeat layers of pasta, tuna and cheese.
- Then mix the last 1/3 of pasta with 1/4 of the soup and milk mix and pour on top.
- Then layer last 6 or 5 slices of cheese.
- Pour the last 1/4 of the soup and milk mixture on top.
- Place cover on casserole dish and bake at 350 F for 1 hour.
- Let cool for atleast 20 minutes to let the casserole solidify.
- Then Enjoy.