Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a lower fat tuna casserole recipe.
- 1⁄2 lb wide egg noodles
- 6 ounces canned tuna, drained
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1 1⁄4 cups cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cook noodles in a large pan of boiling water 5-7 minutes, or until almost tender. Drain and transfer to a casserole dish. Stir in tuna and peas.
- Heat soup in a saucepan over medium heat until just heated through.
- Thoroughly stir into noodles mixture. Top with bread crumbs and bake 15-20 minutes.
This was great, used a frozen pea and corn mix and added a little splash of milk (only because I saw it another recipe when I was searching). It's always going to be a great meal when you can feed a family of 5 for as little as $6.60!!! I added a little garlic powder and cheese to the breadcumbs before I sprinkled them over, which added a little more flavour. Next time I will mix some minced garlic into the soup while cooking. Yummy, thanks very much
I make this often and DH loves it! The only thing I do different is add reduced fat Cheddar Cheese but otherwise exactly the same. Thanks for sharing a great easy recipe!