- 1 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions (I usually use more)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup crumbled potato chips (optional) or 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni in boiling water until tender; drain.
- Combine macaroni, onion, butter, mushroom soup, tuna, salt and milk. Put in 8"x8" casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and crumbled potato chips or bread crumbs if desired.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes.