1/2 Photos of Tuna Casserole
This is the tuna casserole my mom always made. Feel free to add any extra spices/herbs as my mom didn't use much other than salt and pepper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions (I usually use more)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/3-1/2 cup crumbled potato chips (optional) or 1/3-1/2 cup breadcrumbs (optional)
- 1Cook macaroni in boiling water until tender; drain.
- 2Combine macaroni, onion, butter, mushroom soup, tuna, salt and milk. Put in 8"x8" casserole dish.
- 3Sprinkle with grated cheese and crumbled potato chips or bread crumbs if desired.
- 4Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.5
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 92.6 mg
- Sodium 1159.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 29.1 g