Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the tuna casserole my family eats. I read through a bunch of similar tuna casserole recipes, but none were exactly like this. This one does not use cheese. I highly recommend using Ruffles potato chips for the top, they are the best. (Cooking time for the noodles is not specifically included in prep or cook time, although they could easily be finished during the 10 minute prep time)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 5 ounces milk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 ounces canned tuna, drained
- garlic powder
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- Cook egg noodles until done, but still firm, not mushy.
- Put diced celery and onion in a microwavable bowl, and microwave on high for 1-1/12 minutes until hot, and slightly cooked, but still crunchy. (If you skip this step, the onions and celery may still be raw in the finished product).
- In a large bowl, combine Cream of Mushroom soup, milk and mayo. Then add the tuna, and partially cooked celery and onions. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add cooked noodles to bowl, stir to coat the noodles with the soup mixture.
- Pour into casserole dish, and spread crushed chips over the top.
- Bake in 375F oven for 20-30 minutes, until hot and the chips on top are golden brown.