Recipe by Juenessa
Adapted from a 1995 issue of Southern Living magazine. My family enjoys this creamy comfort food.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Yummy cheesy tuna casserole! Used Recipe #360192 made with mushroom broth instead of canned soup and frozen peas. I remembered making this recipe when it came out in SL, and there was a variation for Chicken Casserole which used a can of cream of chicken soup and a 5 oz. can of chunk white chicken. they topped it with buttery animal shaped crackers made by Ritz. Don't know if those are still sold, so I'd use original or parmesan goldfish (even though it's the wrong animal:)) Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (6 ounce) can solid white tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can English peas, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup pepperidge farm original goldfish crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Stir soup into noodles, along with the next five ingredients and two cups of the Cheddar cheese.
- Pour into a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese on top of the casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle fish crackers on top and bake an additional 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.