Recipe by Domat
This is a very good dish I made a few times. Was given to me by a friend. I really enjoyed it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups regular noodles, largely broken
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (6 -7 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can green peas, drained (can use frozen, defrost 1st)
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained & chopped
- additional cheddar cheese, grated (enough to cover top)
- 3⁄4 cup potato chips, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil noodles per package; drain.
- Mix together noodles, soup, tuna, grated cheese, onion, peas, milk, and mushrooms. Be careful not to break peas.
- Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish.
- Top with slices of cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle potato chips over cheese.
- Top with a sprinkling of paprika for color.
- Bake, uncovered, in 425°F oven for 15-20 minutes or until bubbling.