Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Good and creamy, got it from my bosses wife who got it from her mother-in law.
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna, with juice
- Cook egg noodles to al dente in boiling salted water; drain well.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large casserole dish, reserving 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Sprinkle reserved cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Very good. The cream of celery soup gave a nice flavor. I added the mushrooms and 1/2 t salt. I used more cheese, 1 cup on top. We really liked this. Will make again. Thanks, Tara!
I have been jonesing for tuna casserole for awhile now and this hit the spot. Cream of celery soup and mushrooms are a must (though my mom always made it with peas- which is good too). I added the full cup (and a generous one at that) of cheese into the casserole and topped it with crushed cracker crumbs instead (though I like crushed potato chips as well). Really good!!! Thanks for posting this Tara- I will be making this again and again. I wonder how it would taste with chicken? Hmmmm....
Yummy, yummy, yummy! I must say I made a "few" changes. I didn't have cr. of celery so I subbed cr. of chicken. I also decreased the mayo to 1/4 c., put more cheddar in, added some softened cream cheese (approx. 4 oz.) and added a can of drained mushrooms. Rich delicious comfort food. Thanks for the inspiration!