Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not for people watching their salt intake, but OH this is good
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna
- 1 cup potato chips, coarsly crushed or 1 cup crisp chow mein noodles
- 1⁄3 cup cashews
- Cook onion and celery in butter for about 5 minutes.
- Combine with soup, chicken broth, seasonings and tuna.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chips or chow mein noodles.
- Put mixture into a buttered 1 Quart Casserole.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 Cup chips or noodles and the cashews.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Oh wow! This is my mom's signiture dish as we were growing up in the 1970's and everyone raved about it. When I first got married in 1988, she sent it to me and now it is DH and his band members favorite and I get requests for it all the time. Yes, heed the warning, it can be a little bit salty but still is yummy!! We usually eat it with a big leafy and veggie filled salad to help off set the salt.
This was good. This was easy. I used potato chips and salted cashews, and yes, it was salty. I think serving it over something bland like rice or potatoes would be good. I served with garlic sauted spinach and Italian bread.