Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a tasty and very healthy main-dish salad that is perfect for a summer evening meal, or anytime, really. I love it because it is so quick and easy to whip together, is a great way to use tuna, and can be eaten guilt-free because it is so healthy. I nabbed this recipe from the Chef Mom website. Enjoy!
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch scallion, diced finely
- 8 cups lettuce, of your choice
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 3⁄4 cup basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix together oil and vinegars in large salad bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add beans, tuna, scallions, tomatoes, basil, and garlic, and mix well.
- Add lettuce and toss well, before serving.