Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Slightly different but really good.
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna in vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- DRAIN TUNA. Combine tuna, celery and onion.
- Blend together mayonnaise, lemon juice,.
- and worcestershire sauce; add to tuna mixture.
- Toss lightly.
- Yield: 16 canapes.
- I just made this because of the concern that it was too "liquidy" according to the reviewer, and it was perfect. I just added "drain well", because my only conclusion is that she didn't drain it. I just used water packed, and i think the "oil" probably gives it a bit more flavor. I would also suggest letting it set for a few hours so the flavors meld.
This is the way I make my Tuna salad except I use tuna in water and it always turns out great! The reviewer who found it too liquidy probably did not drain it well. This is a good simple basic recipe for Tuna Salad. Thanks for sharing.
This is a delicious recipe! I used water packed tuna(as I just don't like it very much in oil)and added a bit of fresh ground black pepper for personal preference and we loved it. I did drain it well, and it was the perfect consistency for me. I will be making this again. Thanks for a winner Bliss!
Different, but too liquidy.