Recipe by Chef 709802
This is very easy, can be made up to 8 hours before serving. Remember, to make your own breadcrumbs and also drain the chopped pickle spears before adding them into the tuna cakes.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna packed in water, flaked
- 1 1⁄3 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 claussen kosher dill pickle spears, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- dill pickle spear
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the tuna, 1/3 cup breadcrumbs and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl just until blended. REMEMBER to drain the pickle spears real well before adding it to the tuna.
- Shape tuna into 8 equal patties.
- Dredge patties in remaining 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet and cook 4 patties for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown, remove from skillet. Repeat with the rest of the cakes.
- Place tuna cakes on top of the lettuce.
- Serve with slice tomato slices and dill spears.