Recipe by Crystal B.
This Tuna Cake recipe is from the Kraft Food & Family Magazine Spring 2008 Edition. They are simple and easy to make. Using Stove Top Stuffing Mix gives this a perfectly seasoned taste. Please try them......the are delicious ! The only thing I did not add was the shredded carrots, because I didn't have any on hand. Also they suggested to use an Ice Cream scoop to make evenly portioned cakes. I also might suggest to dip them in flour before frying. It might help keep them together.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans light chunk tuna in water, drained, flaked
- 1 (6 ounce) packagestove top chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on mediuim heat.
- Scoop tuna mixture, using about 1/3 cup for each cake. Gently flatten with spatula.
- Cook 3 minutes on each side or until they're golden brown on both sides, turning cakes over carefully.