Recipe by cookiedog
The quickest fish cake you will ever make! These come together very easily and can be dressed up with chipotle mayo, tartar sauce, Russian dressing, Tapatio, or just a bit of mayo and lemon. If you want to be sure your patties do not fall apart, try shaping the patties as directed and then letting them sit in the refrigerator for an hour. (I did not find this necessary). This recipe is adapted from the Kraft website.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans light chunk tuna in water, drained, flaked
- 6 ounces stove top chicken flavor stuffing mix (I used seasoned dressing mix)
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat.
- For each tuna cake, shape 1/3 cup lightly packed tuna mixture into patty.
- Add patties to skillet in batches.
- Cook 3 minute on each side or until golden brown on both sides, turning over carefully.