Recipe by Pikake21
This was found in the Honolulu Advertiser, after Lane Crowther from Bon Appetit magazine revamped some island favorites to make them more figure-friendly. This one weighs in at 375 calories each.
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 lb tuna, chopped into small pieces ('ahi)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons peeled and minced gingerroot
- 1 large egg white
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped pickled ginger (sushi)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared wasabi
- 4 sesame bagels, halved and toasted
- 1 (3 ounce) package daikon sprouts
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice the cucumber into thin ribbons lengthwise. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the 'ahi, green onions, ginger and egg white.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, pickled ginger and wasabi.
- Spread the mayo onto the toasted bagel halves.
- In a large nonstick pan, spray with nonstick cooking spray and cook the 'ahi patties until browned on one side, about 2 minutes.
- Turn and repeat on the other side.
- The inside can be still rare.
- Place the patties on the bagel halves and top with the cucumber and sprouts.