Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
This recipe appeared in our local newspaper. I made the recipe and made some changes. The tuna burgers turned out very tasty.
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 ounces fresh tuna, coarsely chopped
- 2 large scallions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (for frying)
- 2 large whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 large romaine lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, chop Jalapeno pepper.
- Remove chopped pepper into a bowl.
- Add mayonnaise and mix well to blend; set aside.
- Without washing the food processor bowl, add tuna, scallions, onion and pulse several times until ingredients are finely chopped.
- Add salt and pepper and pusle for a few seconds.
- Form tuna mixture into 2 equal patties, about 4 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat, and add olive oil.
- Add tuna burgers and fry for 2 minutes, turn over and fry for an additional 2 minutes.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on inside of each hamburger rolls.
- Place cooked tuna burger on the bottom half of the roll.
- Place several slices of tomato on each burger.
- Place a Romaine leaf over the tomatoes.
- If desired, sprinkle with more salt and pepper.
- Place the top half of the burger roll over.
- Cut tuna burgers in half and serve.