Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained, flaked
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated extra-sharp romano cheese or 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil or 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- lemon wedge (optional)
- Combine first 7 ingredients; mix well.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties.
- Brush lightly with oil and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Broil about 4 minute.
- on each side, until well-browned.
- Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Very tasty without anything super-processed added. I did make some modifications: egg beaters instead of eggs for binder, dill instead of parsley, and garlic salt to flavor the bread crumbs. It really doesn't need a bun - fab as is!