1/19 Photos of Tuna Burgers
Andi of Longmeadow Farm's Note:
Life can't be about all beef. "Where's The Beef?" questions are fewer nowadays due to an influx of health concerns, as well as those that are watching their weight. The Longmeadow Farm is following suit and will openly and warmly embrace these new "burgers" to grace our "Saturday Lunch at the Farm" crowd. I wanted to produce a light(ish) tuna burger that made Dennis, Jerry, Uncle Dick, and my Dad feel as light as a Spring beetle floating around on a wind current after lunch. This recipe did it. Everyone was full, but not so full they wanted to clamber off to the backyard hammock, and pull their hat over their face. This gave them enough energy to have their giddy-up for all the many maelstroms that would undoubtedly follow them around for the afternoon. Go ahead, try them "Maryland" style with the use of our beloved "Old Bay Seasoning" and get ready to work hard this afternoon. Can be easily doubled for a big crowd.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water
- 3 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs (or canned)
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons Egg Beaters egg substitute or 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pimiento (optional)
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 1 small celery (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (or I use extra Old Bay!) (optional)
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 small green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 4 -5 slices cheddar cheese (thin slice, optional) (optional) or 4 -5 slices soy cheese (thin slice) (optional)
- hamburger bun
- 1Open and drain canned tuna.
- 2Mix together rest of ingredients except tuna, cheese and rolls.
- 3When mixing ingredients, I add one ingredient at a time, and gently but throughly mix all ingredients.
- 4Add tuna and gently fold together, and make firm patties.
- 5Heat skillet, that is sprayed with cooking spray or use 1 teaspoon of oil on bottom of pan.
- 6When heated on medium high heat, add each patty browning on each side for 5 minutes each.
- 7Add a piece of cheese on top to melt slightly.
- 8Open hamburger buns, and place in oven @350 degrees until toasted, (about 3/4 minutes).
- 9Put on buns and serve with fresh lettuce, tomato, and mustard.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.2
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 283.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute