Recipe by graffeetee
A healthier alternative to the usual burger. Be sure to use raw wheat germ, the toasted variety will not hold the patties together.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water
- 3⁄4 cup raw wheat germ
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 4 slices cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and flake the tuna into a large bowl.
- Add the wheat germ, egg, veggies and seasonings.
- Mix thoroughly until mixture sticks together.
- Shape into 4 patties and place on wax paper.
- Heat the oil in a skillet large enough to hold the patties.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Turn and cook another 5 minutes.
- If desired, add the cheese the last few minutes of cooking and cover so the cheese melts.
- Serve on whole wheat hamburger buns.