Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
We love these and make them often in the summer as a light meal. We also make them whenever we go to the cabin in the mountains and serve them with grilled corn on the cob.
- 6 1⁄2 ounces tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 8 slices American cheese, singles
- 4 tomatoes, slices (optional)
- Combine tuna, celery, mayonnaise, and onion; mix lightly.
- For each sandwich, cover bottom half of bun with cheese slice, 1/4 of tuna mixture, one tomato slice, one cheese slice, and top of bun. Wrap each sandwich in heavy foil. Place topside down on grill over LOW coals for 10 minutes. Turn; grill other side for 10 minutes. Or, heat in low oven (300 degrees) for 15-20 minutes. Serves 4.