Recipe by CulinaryExplorer
I have never tried a tuna patty before believe it or not and wanted to tonight. However, once looking through a few recipes I quickly realized that A. they were a bit higher calorie/fat than I could justify since we are on WW, and B. I didn't have some of the ingredients to a lot of the recipes I did find. So I took a chance and created my own for my first one. It turned out GREAT! At least we think so..... For those that may be counting these are 8pts a piece on weight watchers.
- 3 5⁄8 ounces tuna (Sundried Tomato & Basil Tuna Sensations)
- 2⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (divided)
- 1⁄3 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 egg white
- 2 reduced-calorie multigrain hamburger buns (I like the Sandwich Thins)
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 1/3 cup breadcrumbs into a shallow dish and set aside.
- Combine the other 1/3 cup breadcrumbs, tuna, sour cream, cheddar, onions, dressing mix and egg white in a bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Carefully divide the mixture in half and form into two patties coating them in the bread crumbs you earlier set aside.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and generously spray with the olive oil cooking spray. Cook patties on each side for 3-4 minutes until well browned.
- Spread 1 T. of light mayo on the top section of each bun, and layer with a tuna patty then lettuce.