Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I remember these from my junior high school cafeteria, every Friday without fail! I still hate tuna but now I can at least make up for that with a substitution!
- 1 (16 ounce) can tuna fish (or chicken or deviled ham)
- 1⁄2 lb cubed cheese, american or cheddar
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped olives
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 hot dog buns
- Mix all together but the buns.
- Split buns half way thru and fill evenly with mixture.
- Wrap each in foil.
- Bake at 325 for 20 minutes.
this is libbies cookbook the schools here made them also this would be a handy recipe to have for kids
This recipe took me way back also...DH and I enjoyed them tonight, didn't add olives or green peppers, didn't have them on hand, but they were still great!! Thanks
I remember a similar version of these waaayyyy back in the early 70s. My mom and I made these now and then. We sometimes used a hot dog/HB egg combination with the hot dogs sliced in thin coins. Thanks for the memories, Laurie!