Recipe by steve in FL
This is the 'famous' toasted tuna sandwich that was served in my Catholic school cafeteria. Who knows why they called them tuna bumsteads, but they did.. Use Miracle Whip for the real-deal, but I know a lot of folks don't like it so use mayo if you're, ahem, 'one of them'.. lol..
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 4 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 8 slices American cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the tuna, dressing, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture evenly between hamburger rolls.
- Top each with a slice of cheese.
- Wrap each sandwich in foil and bake for 15 minutes or until heated through, cheese is melted, and bun is toasted.