Recipe by Boca Pat
This is great for a lunch or light dinner.
Top Review by Andrea in NH
I needed a Lenten lunch and this met the bill. The only 2 things that I did different was to put the mixture on party pumpernickel bread and grilled it on top of the stove, and I used a mixture of cheeses instead of Mozzarella. The flavors blended together nicely and they looked elegant. Even my DH, who is not crazy about tuna, ask me to make them again. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 cup fancy shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, well drained & flaked
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 4 slices Italian bread (each 6 X 1/2)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & halved
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl combine cheese, tuna, tomatoes, onion, parsley and oregano; set aside Brush both sides of bread slices with olive oil and rub surfaces with cut sides of garlic.
- In dry preheated skillet, grill bread until light golden brown; turn& top each toasted surface with 1/4 of tuna mixture; continue to grill until cheese melts and bread is golden brown on bottom.