Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I adapted this recipe from one I found in a cookbook. It is not only healthy, it is delicious! Perfect to take to the office for lunch, or just to snack on at home with crackers.
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spicy mustard or 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 3 ounces drained tuna fish
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup diced cucumber
- Mix relish, vinegar, oil and mustard.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
- Allow to marinate in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes before serving.
This is a very refreshing salad, which has a not-too-heavy dressing. Easy to make, and I now have it twice a week, every week. Thanks, AngelaTN.
This is a tasty and refreshing salad! I follow a gluten-free diet and this was perfect for a light, yet filling lunch. I added a few more dashes of the red wine vinegar, chopped cilantro, cubed avocado, sea salt and pepper. Will definitely make it again!
Very good! I like that it is so healthy and quick to make. This is exactly what I need in the fridge to easily grab when I get home from the gym; I am usually tired, starving and have to feed the kids before I can make myself anything so I can munch on this. Made for Cookbook Tag.