Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
a wholesome comforting food, which can be served hot during the winter and cooler in the summer as a creamy salad-type dish if you like! You can also add sweetcorn, peas, carrots and most other vegetables to it!
- 200 g pasta, twists
- 150 g broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
- 300 g canned tuna in brine, drained
- 50 g margarine
- 50 g whole wheat flour
- 1 pint 1% low-fat milk
- 75 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- fresh ground black pepper
- 25 g whole wheat breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/ gas mark 6.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 5 minutes, add the broccoli and cook for another 4-5 minutes until just tender. Drain.
- Flake tuna into an ovenproof dish.
- Blend margarine, flour and milk, bring to boil, stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes, remove from heat and add half the cheese, mustard powder, and pepper to taste.
- Spoon pasta and broccoli over the time and cover with the sauce.
- Mix breadcrumbs with the remaining cheese and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until golden and crisp.