Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a cookbook I got at the library
- 200 g tuna in olive oil, drained and flaked
- 400 g beans (I used cannellini beans)
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1⁄3 cup pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cucumber, chopped into chunks
- 1⁄3 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 8 -10 leaves fresh rocket
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Mix together the tuna, beans, lemon zest, olives, capers, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and rocket leaves.
- Put in to salad bowls.
- To make dressing.
- Pour the lemon juice, mustard, olive oil and salt and pepper into a jar and shake well.
- Pour over the salad just prior to serving.
What a delightful lunch! Instead of adding the rocket to the salad I sat mine on a bed of baby spinach. I reduced the olive oil by half and omitted the olives. Thanks for sharing Evie!!