Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from my Mom's recipe cards. I have not tried this recipe.
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup canned mushroom, drained
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, snippets
- 6 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Place bacon drippings in skillet.
- Add onion and celery to skillet.
- Cook until vegetables are crisp and tender.
- Set aside.
- Heat butter in pan.
- Stir in flour, salt, basil and pepper.
- Heat until bubbly.
- Slowly add milk.
- Stirring to blend.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil one minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat yolks until thick.
- Spoon in hot sauce.
- Beat thoroughly after each addition.
- Add worcestershire, bacon, onion, celery, tuna, mushrooms and parsley.
- Mix well.
- Beat whites until stiff peaks.
- Spoon tuna sauce over whites.
- Carefully fold together until JUST blended.
- Turn mixture into an ungreased dish.
- Spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees 40 minutes or until done.
- Serve immediately.