Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe that I have been making for years. It's always a favorite. You can tweak the ingredients to your own tastes if you so choose. My brother likes to add minced onions to the saute. It's quick, it's easy & tastes great!
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) packet tuna in water, may use canned tuna drained
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- black pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Fry the bacon in a pan. When bacon is done, drain on papertowels.
- Keep the bacon grease in the pan. (Note: You can reduce the amount of bacon grease you use if you so choose, just keep enough so it doesn't get dry).
- Put the tuna and garlic in the pan with the bacon grease and heat over medium heat - stirring occasionally. Do this for approximately 5 minutes.
- Season with black pepper (optional).
- Crumble the bacon strips and place back in the pan with the tuna & garlic.
- Heat for another minute or two.
- Boil your angel hair pasta.
- When pasta is done put into a large bowl.
- Transfer your bacon & tuna mixture from the pan into the bowl of pasta.
- Toss all ingredients to incorporate all the flavors.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
Tuna flakes mixed with bacon and dry pasta. How is this a recipe? It's like eating sawdust. If you're too strapped to eat anything else, at least chuck in a can of creamed soup. Horrible.
MMMM this was super yummy! With young kids I used rotini pasta rather than the angel hair, but oh my it was so good. I never in a million years would have thought to put bacon with tuna, but it really works. The only negative thing my family had to say was it seemed a bit dry for our tastes. I will definitely be making it again, I'm thinking a little alfredo sauce would be fabulous! Thanks for sharing your fabulous recipe! =D
I'll have to admit to being a bit skeptical about this recipe...it seemed just toooo easy. Was I ever surprised!!!! This is TERRIFIC!! I did add a little olive oil to the bacon drippings as I guess the bacon I used must have been a bit on the lean side. This has definately become one of my favorite quick pasta dishes and I can't wait to make it again. Thanks, ChaCha!!!!!!!