Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had some leftover avocado slices and pimento strips and a new recipe was created. Hubby loved it! If you want crunch,add small diced water chesnuts.Use fresh minced cilantro if you have.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup pimento strips, diced
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced dried cilantro
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1⁄2 cup canned water chestnut, chopped (optional)
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper (optional)
- In mixing bowl, add slices of avocado, lemon juice and one half of the diced pimento strips. Mash with fork or mixer.
- Add sour cream, garlic salt, white pepper, dried cilantro.
- Mix on low speed.
- Fold in tuna and green onion until mixed.
- Fold in the balance of pimento strips.
- Fold in water chesnuts if desired.
- Taste. Add more salt if desired.
- Add cayenne pepper if desired.
- Serve with little scooper tosito chips, corn scoops, or regular torilla chips.
- We used this as a main dish with lots of cooked vegetables as side dishes. This can be doubled or tripled easily for a appetizer dip.
Wow. This was delicious. I especially like the added flavor the cilantro gives. Very good!