Recipe by mollypaul
An elegant buffet dish reminiscent of by-gone times. Posted from an online site in response to a recipe request. Cook time is estimated chilling time (may be made the night before).
- 3 (3 ounce) packages lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 3 3⁄4 cups hot water
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons knox unflavored gelatin, dissolved in
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 2⁄3 cup cooked rice, chilled
- 3 cans good white meat tuna, drained
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄3 cups mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve lemon Jello in hot water; add ketchup.
- Pour half of mixture in 13 x 9 pan and refrigerate until set; reserve remainder at room temperature.
- Mix rice, tuna and vegetables together.
- Add dissolved gelatin.
- Smooth filling over the set aspic; refrigerate until slightly set.
- Pour remainder of aspic over the top of filling.
- Refrigerate until completely set.
- May be served plain or with garnish of your choice, such as chopped hard boiled egg, black olives, fresh parsley, etc.