Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I look forward to making this. From Eating Well Magazine, March/April 2011
- 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 (5 ounce) cans chunk light tuna, drained
- 3⁄4 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 plum tomato, finely chopped
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Microwave on medium, turning once or twice, until soft, about 20 minutes. (or use the potato setting if your microwave has one).
- Meanwhile, combine tuna, yogurt, 1/2 C basil, artichokes, scallions, capers, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, carefully cut off the top 3rd. Scoop out the insides and add to the bowl with the tuna. Place the potato shells a microwave safe dish. Mash the potato and tuna mixture together.
- Evenly divide the tuna mixture among the potato shells. (they will be very well stuffed) Top with cheese. Microwave on high until the filling is hot and the cheese is melted, 2-4 minutes.
- To serve, top each potato with a little tomato and some of the remaining 2T basil.