Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
My DH and I were cleaning out the refridgerator and cabinets in anticipation for an upcoming vacation and this is what we came up with. This could be for a great lunch or a light dinner.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, water reserved
- 1 cup frozen artichoke heart, quarters
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices cheese, any kind
- 3 whole wheat English muffins, split
- In food processor, add the artichokes, mayonnaise, tuna water, relish, pepper and garlic salt. Blend until artichokes are finely shredded.
- Gently fold in flaked tuna and spread mixture over the English muffin halves.
- Turn oven to broil and place muffin halves on a baking sheet under the broiler for 6-8 minutes or until heated.
- Remove from oven and place a slice of cheese on each muffin half. Return to oven and broil for another 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Hi Bippie, these were really wonderful melts! We made two batches - the first just as posted and the other with grated onion, red pepper flakes and garlic powder instead of salt, and sweet pickle relish (had some leftover) with a sharp cheddar & those were the big winners of the both. Not that I am saying that your recipe wasn't a winner as well! Made & reviewed for "I Recommend . . . A New Thread" from rickoholic83's review. Just a little side note - we all love artichoke hearts! Thank you for sharing, Diane :)
This made a great lunch for DH and I. Quick and easy to put together and the taste was just right! I used marinated artichoke hearts and chddar cheese. Thanks! Made for Pick a Chef.
Great melts! I made these for dinner last night because they were fast and easy to put together when I didn't feel like cooking. I added some onion and red pepper flakes to the artichoke mixture and topped each muffin half with a slice of sharp cheddar cheese. We loved them! Thanks so much for sharing, Bippie!