Recipe by abloom69
I am posting this recipe to try one day. It placed first in a readers choice cookbook from the local paper.
- 1 (14 ounce) can apricot halves
- 4 cups lettuce, torn
- 4 cups spinach, torn
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1 small red onion, sliced in rings
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tuna, well drained
- 2 small tomatoes, cut in eighths
- 1⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, coarsley chopped
APRICOT SOY DRESSING
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons reserved apricot syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain apricots and reserve 3 tablespoons syrup for the dressing.
- Toss together the lettuce, spinach, celery, carrot and onion rings in a salad bowl.
- Place tuna in the centre of the greens.
- Arrange tomatoes around the edge of tuna, alternating with the apricot halves.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Serve with Apricot Soy Dressing.
- For Dressing, thoroughly blend all ingredients together using beater or whisk. Makes about 1 cup.