Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We sometimes have this for lunch or dinner in the summer when it's too hot to cook. It's got a little bit of everything...veggies,carbs and it's high in protein too. I usually serve with a crusty bread.
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt & pepper
- 170.09 g can albacore tuna
- 425.24 g can white beans
- 236.59 ml cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley
- 473.18 ml mixed greens
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, dijon, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and salt & pepper to make the dressing.
- Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, combine tuna, white beans, cherry tomatoes, onion and parsley.
- Pour dressing over tuna mixture and toss gently.
- Serve over bed of greens.
Great lunch salad - light and healthy. We really enjoyed the dressing for the tuna and white beans. You can further embellish this salad by adding olives, boiled eggs and herbs. Easy to put together and very filling. Made for Fall PAC, 2012.