Recipe by happygurl06
It was a cold and raining Saturday afternoon and I could not be bothered going shopping so this is what I came up with. The fresh veggies can easily be subbed with canned or frozen.
- 500 g penne pasta, cooked
- 425 g tuna in water, drained
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium chicken stock powder
- 1 (325 g) can corn kernels, drained
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 425 g diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed pepper
- 2 cups white sauce
- 1 cup grated cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a non stick fry pan.
- Sauté the onion, carrot and celery until onion is opaque.
- Add in the basil, oregano and pepepr and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato paste and cook one minute.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes and stock powder, stir well.
- Half fill the can of tomatoes with water and add to the pan.
- Cook on low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Throw in the corn, tuna and broccoli and mix in the cooked pasta.
- Transfer to a baking dish, evenly pour over the white sauce and top with grated cheese.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 20 minutes until cheese is nice and golden brown.