Recipe by MJaz
Incredibly simple, and really good. Start to finish about 10 minutes, and my family says it tastes like good restaurant fare. The key is to use ONLY high quality ingredients. Tuna packed in olive oil is also sometimes called "tonno".
- 2 lbs frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb frozen broccoli florets
- garlic powder
- salt (optional)
- freshly grated romano cheese or parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water, with about 1 tbs olive oil. for 3-5 minutes - until the tortellini floats to the surface. Do not overcook.
- Microwave the broccoli for about 3-4 minutes - till warm, but not soft.
- Drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, unceremoniously dump the canned tuna (with oil) into the pot.
- Add pesto, olive oil, garlic powder and salt if desired.
- Toss together, then add drained pasta and broccoli.
- Toss all together, gently, until mixed.
- Top each serving with freshly grated cheese, and a sprig of fresh basil, if you are lucky enough to have some handy.