Recipe by Stacey Sweet
Great over pasta or grilled tuna. Keeps well in the fridge for 3-4 days. Stacey
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 lbs canned plum tomatoes, drained
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 2 (3 1/4 ounce) cans tuna packed in oil, drained and mashed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped,for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saute pan warm olive oil over medium heat.
- add onions and cook until tender.
- add garlic cook for 2 minutes.
- add tomatoes, crushing them with a back of a wooden spoon.
- add capers and mashed tuna.
- add the salt and pepper to taste.
- simmer mixture for 20-25 minutes.
- sprinkle chopped parsley over each serving, if desired.