Recipe by Happy Harry #2
This is another recipe from an old 99 cent, coverless cookbook which is over 30yrs old. It is from a time when every penny was needed, and a little had to go a long, long way. Oh, and BTW, my kids scarffed it down!
Top Review by *Parsley*
A quick and easy kid-pleaser. Great for a quick dinner or a hot lunch for the kiddos. I used a 14-oz can of tomatoes and 2 cans of tuna, as I think only 1 can wouldn't have been enough. I added a little extra milk to prevent drying out while baking. Garlic would be a nice addition to this also. I'll make this for the kids often. Thanx for posting.
- 7 1⁄4 ounces macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter (not spread or tub product) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (not spread or tub product)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 7 ounces tuna, drained and flaked
- 10 ounces tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare macaroni and cheese dinner mix according to package directions.
- Saute onions in margarine until tender.
- Add tuna, onions, tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper to macaroni, mix well.
- Pour into greased 2-qt. casserole, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350F for approximately 15 minutes or until cheese is a golden brown and bubbly.