Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick n easy week night meal! Recipe source - Australian Good Taste Mag. Yummy cold too, a nice addition to a picnic basket or lunchbox.
- 1 medium about 300g orange sweet potato, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 (425 g) can tuna in water, drained
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 25 g dried breadcrumbs (packaged)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Steam the kumera in the microwave until tender.
- Drain and refresh under cold running water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Use a potato masher or fork to mash the sweet potato until coarsely mashed. Add the tuna, egg, parsley and breadcrumbs, and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the tuna mixture into 8 equal portions.
- Use wet hands to shape portions into 8cm patties.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the patties and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Divide among serving plates and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with lemon wedges, fries and a garden salad.
We really liked these. My hubby isn't a big fan of sweet potatoes and gobbled them right up. I added minced green onion, a squeeze of lime juice and about a teaspoon of dijon mustard. This is a really great tasting, healthy recipe that I'll be making again. Thanks for posting.
I added a little ground red pepper & some garlic powder. I loved them.
Hi -made a double batch - added some finley minced onion as well as some dill and lemon zest - I also baked them to keep things as healthy as possble. These are delicious - they are in the freezer for a lazy summer meal or for a quick, easy and diffent lunch. Thanks for a great recipe!